• Experience in insurance industry - preferred
• Experience with Thunderhead or a similar composition engine/content management tool - required
• Experience in process improvement / re-engineering - preferred
• PMP certification - plus
Generic PMO Senior Project Manager Job Description
• Leader skilled and responsible for partnering with the project owner/sponsor and all stakeholders to create and implement appropriate and cost efficient solutions based on business objectives.
• Acts as project manager, with leadership responsibilities for a matrixed team on medium to large sized projects. Manages results as outlined in the project’s triple constraints of budget, schedule and scope (quality/performance.)
• Acts as program and/or relationship manager, with leadership responsibilities for supervising or tracking multiple projects simultaneously. Manages dependencies within program’s projects and to other projects as necessary.
• Builds strong relationships with business and technology leaders. Understands business area opportunities and challenges, process or system impacts to all related business or systems areas when implementing recommended solution to obtain business objectives.
• Initiates and ensures project management, ProMPT methodologies. Change management procedures and supporting tools are used in executing all projects as appropriate.
• Provides ongoing status updates on project progress, risks, change management and issue resolution. Leads issue identification, tracking, escalation and resolution documentation. Monitors risk events before becoming issues and potential roadblocks.
• 5+ years of project management experience guiding medium to large sized (6-12 month, $2-$10+ million) distributed application projects to implementation.
• Four-year degree in Business Administration, Technology Management, related field or equivalent proven project management experience and success.
• Project methodology, system development lifecycle or infrastructure implementation work breakdown structures experience required.
• Proven experience in project portfolio management and tool support, methodology development and training rollout.
• Experience managing medium to large sized project teams (25+ people) operating within a matrix organization.
• Formal project management training or certification desired.